Thursday, February 24, 2022

Ayinger in the US Is Worth Trying

 


Aying


The Bavarian brewery, Ayinger, in the village of Aying, has been exporting beer to the US for several years. I recall a few years ago trying it and being less than excited. But as I have noted before, German imports to the US are dramatically better now and closer to the real German taste.



With that in mind, I picked up a 4-bottle-pack of Ayinger pils at Total Wines and More this week, and was pleasantly surprised. The pills Ayinger is 5.5% alcohol and has the clean, crisp taste of a good pils, The cost was about 10 dollars.


Though I have never been in Aying, it might be worth a visit if I ever get back to the region. The brewery has its own hotel and a bier stube across the street with biergarten to boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment